Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Kings One Win Away From The Stanley Cup

I don't think I can write an intelligent blog post about the Kings at this point. I'm so impressed with the way they've been playing, I simply can't describe it. Quick has shown just how great he truly can be, and the rest of the team has rallied around him.

They finally got a powerplay goal, 2 in fact, and everything seems to be firing on all cylinders. No one is overstepping their role, and the entire team is functioning as a unit. You can see how frustrated the Devils are. Even when they manage to get a good shot on goal, Quick turns it away. I don't need to talk about stats at this point, the games speak for themselves.

What does concern me, is after romping in Game 3, there could be a setback in Game 4. I don't expect this to happen, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if it does. I really can't contain my excitement and nervousness at this point, so I'm going to keep this pretty short.

Lastly, and maybe more importantly, after Game 1 of the very first series against the Canucks, my brother in-law stayed with us for the weekend. We were talking about the game and I happened to say, "Not that I don't want this to happen, but if the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll get an LA Kings tattoo." It might be time to start thinking about designs. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but the thought is definitely in my head.

Follow me on Twitter- @TwittinSports

No comments:

Post a Comment