Monday, June 11, 2012

Kings Win The Stanley Cup

Well it only took 45 years, longer than any other NHL franchise has waited to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup, but the Los Angeles Kings are Champions.

This was one of, if not the most, impressive postseason performances by a team in any sport. They barely squeaked into the playoffs, but once they were in, they ran over everyone. Overall the Kings went 16-4 throughout the postseason. They only went to Game 6 once, which they dominated to finally put the Devils away.

The only thing I can think of that comes close to this run is the 2004 Red Sox. We all know that story, and it was historical, just like this one is. I could sit here and ramble on and on about stats, but that's just not necessary.

The Kings played with more heart, more passion, and more desire than anyone else in the playoffs. That's why the Cup will belong to them for the next year. It is/was an absolutely amazing run, and I know it sounds weird, but I could not be more proud of that team. Sure there were a few ESPN guys who picked them pre-season to  make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, but I don't think anyone picked them to win the whole thing.

I'm literally struggling to find words right now. I'm still in shock. All I can say is......

GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!


Follow me on Twitter- @TwittinSports

No comments:

Post a Comment